Saturday, December 6, 2008

gateway.

Avillion Hotel at Port Dickson.

More than 10 years since I went to Port Dickson.
It totally changed my perception towards PD this time.

I’ve gotten my business card today! :)

Things have been really great throughout my first week being part of PwC, but do not embrace the part of footing with that one and a half inch heels plus a 2.8kg machine on the back! Hm, that’s the only thing I’ve gotta bear with; sardin in the train with a laptop. Luckily it’s not too troublesome to get to my working place by catching the LRT, at least no switching of trains needed. So far I haven’t drove to office yet. I’m not familiar with the parking around that area, ALSO can’t be able to leave home like.. at 6am!? You know lar, first week first impression mer.. so must lay that ‘Malaysian culture’ aside. Hence Masio travels only to Kelana Jaya LRT Station and it takes merely about 20 minutes to get straight to KL Sentral by LRT, where PwC office is located just across the street in 1 Sentral building. Still, roughly a kilometre walk from entrance to entrance. Not too far for me actually, it’s the weight of the laptop and heels that are taking me forever to reach. I changed into my heels only when arrived at KL Sentral, it really doesn’t help much.

I asked a friend how heavy does a normal laptop weigh,
“About 1.4kg.. how heavy is this?”
“2.8kg….”

… fecking hell. No wonder lar..
It’s only been 3 days but I felt as though after a backpacking trip.

One takes up only 1% out of 100% in the group photo.


I think it’s really good that the employment was started off with a training program, including a trip to PD for orientation and stuff.. you know, to let loose a little bit by the scary term of ‘auditor’. I would say myself as the minority who can’t wait to start tracking for errors on YOUR company! haha.. I’m the one you gonna hate! :D This current batch of new hires comprises of about 100 of us, in difference departments, mostly fresh grad and some experienced workers. That’s the amazing thing about this program, you get to meet all sorts of people at different levels and everyone's new, you won’t feel left out. All loners put together the same fun. :) The trip was breathtaking, connecting everyone closer in just 2 days.

Some of the tasks during games!

Our highest-score sand castle.

And my very first attempt on kayaking!
dammmmmnnn niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

However, the training has now gotten onto really intensive technical learning back in the office. It feels like days in Taylor’s, but with all new faces. No complain at all, nice place nice people, despite feeling sleepy during every talk. The training will last for a 2 week, and I have already been assigned to a project under Genting group which commences on the 22nd. By then, I’ll be traveling out of office to client's. The coming 2 Fridays we are also to attend some dinner function with the upper management staffs and one of it parents are invited. Hm, I could sense a very strong competitive working environment ahead after a week of observation on all the new hires. Now that I realized the reputation of PwC wasn’t really made out of nothing. (cheh waa.. :p) Time to stand up and speak up!

So far everything’s going really fine and I’m on my pace to coping up things everyday. Waking up at 6 in the morning is still very so torturing after 1 week, squeezing with human in LRT is handle able, taking the lift alone at night is not SO scary anymore, but still hate the walking part with heels and laptop! Bong said I’d be so muscular. Hm, more like hunch at the back lor! Still deciding if to drive to work… but I don’t mind driving to client’s doh.. millage is claimable at $1.10/km! But this whole week parking Masio at Kelana Jaya, petrol dropped by not even 1 tank... shweeeet! :D

~~*~~


Shout out.

Julie-Ann dai ka che turned 21!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JULIE!
See you tonight!
I'm happy that I'll be seeing many friends that I've not seen for a year or so tonight. :)

Also a few that I've been looking forward to meet!

WELCOME HOME, KENNETH CHEN KIT KEN!

Kenneth. Jeannie. Julie. Marcus.
All home.
Enjoy the summer :]

One of my favourites out of 9GB of photos!
Kimberly is also back!

When is yours? The both of you, don't let me wait too long!

And another 2 that I miss a lot but no idea if i will ever see them again.
Daryl Soh, the hallmate.
and Kah Kiat.
*XOXO


GodDamnItIFeckingMissYouAll lo!!
:(


~~*~~

What's better than having unlimited sushi on the first night at PJ?
Xie xie ni!
 
posted by sue's at 2:45 AM, |

0 Comments: