Friday, October 17, 2008

first attempt

I’ve never got to be so proud in front of my dad because this is out of his expectation.


The youngest (but not pampered) also the one always rebel against the ‘government’ (dad, as mum refers) JUST because I’m always going out. My dad, so anti-social he could ignore any call and continue reading his papers. I’m not surprised if he could remember every single word at every single corner of the paper. However, mum’s the total opposite. She came out with the ‘government-free’ term whenever my dad’s away from home, that’s when the bell doesn’t sound, for both of us. Yep, many of you know that at the age of 22 I still have ‘curfew’. Because mum still get me happy meal when I was 20. Hmm…Anyway that's not the point.

My past few days have been so much to handle. As mentioned regarding the interview, insomnia as expected the night before my first round of assessment at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC). To my surprise (and horror) when arrived at the office, located at KL Sentral 1, there were actually a roughly of 40 people in the room (in a batch), unlike what I’ve stated.

shit, how am I gonna get through this!’

From..

The 3 round of tests took approximately 2 hours to complete, followed by a presentation from each Partner from Audit and Tax department. I swear I nearly dozed off. Lucky the Audit Partner is good looking enough to keep my eyes at least half open until 1pm. Initially I thought the entire assessment will last for the most 3 hours, hence my parents decided to hang around at KL Sentral while waiting for me since it was at jam hour. But I actually finished at 1pm, poor thing they waited for so many hours :( and my God, driving at the highway at 2pm with the weather like this, the only way is to remain 150km/hr to avoid from tertidur.

I would say I didn’t do well. First paper was testing on accuracy and timing, 20 minutes for 20 questions on Mathematic test; only managed to complete 11. Second paper 18 minutes on I-don’t-remember-how-many short articles; left out 2. The last one was essay, which I couldn’t even think and write properly mainly because I was damn sleepy and also the previous 2 tests kinda got me gave up already. I was scribbling how much I wanted to be an auditor. lol what a crap.

The whole point of the day; a call at 6pm from Reuben of PwC, required me for second interview on Thursday. :)))))) Maybe I scored all 11 out of that 20 la. Hahaha..

then this..

**

15th was as great waking up with a mail from Sydney.

For a second I thought I finally got my 2 years belated birthday present from ngkokwen, until ‘UTS’ got my attention.

It’s UTS!! :)))))))))))))

It finally arrives.

Feeling of indescribable, I just smiled my day through despite being anxious for the next day interview. Everything seemed so right for me :)

**

16th was a day to sell myself. And of what I did,

...to this!

I'm going to PwC!

Reuben called at 8pm on the same day when I was at the gym. I was running the treadmill and smiling to myself. :D I just needed to share the excitement! I'm collecting the offer letter next Thursday, and at the moment still considering of attending KPMG interview on Tuesday.

Job offer commencing on the 1st of December. I was at Ernst & Young the last December. And I was thinking if I were to reject KPMG interview appointment this time, my name should be black listed by the co. like forever because I rejected it's internship offer once last year. Hahaha.. but heck, PwC!

Special thanks to my (ex) auditor friends sekalian,
SINHAN, YINGNEE, LILAC, STEVEN and YEEHUI.


**********


All worthwhile

*****************

I'm just.. plain HAPPY..... I suppose it's a weekend to drink again. XD
 
posted by sue's at 3:06 PM, |

0 Comments: